Friday, June 10, 2016

Post While We Can! (6/10/2016)

It's kinda like "Smoke 'em if you've got 'em". :) I wasn't planning on posting anything today, but then I got to thinking about the fact that we are currently in Burgos, a city of about 180K, and we are heading into a week of VERY small villages. When I say small, I mean SMALL. Like one of the villages that is listed as a final stage destination is reported to have a population of 20. TWENTY?!? Does that even qualify as a village? More like a large family, right?

So, since we have blessedly good wifi, I thought I'd better take advantage of it. Who knows when we will be able to post again.

We jumped to Burgos (by bus) to give us a chance to walk the Meseta, through these upcoming small villages, and go more slowly. Funny, right? Speed up to take more time? It makes sense in our world. :)

Panoramic Shot of the Burgos Cathedral.

Burgos is impressive! Their cathedral is magnificent and we are staying on the Plaza Mayor, which is a main plaza that is circular and sort of makes me think of a Disney version of a European village. I've taken a panoramic picture to help you see, but I don't know how well it will work.

Panoramic view of the Plaza Mayor. This is a circular plaza. 
Dave, I spent some time on the bus today brainstorming with Rachel about some devotion ideas for the EPH devotional book. We've learned some really good lessons along the Camino. We are about 1/3 of the way through our journey, so we have plenty of opportunity to learn even more.

Blessings from the Camino!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what beautiful pictures of Burgos! It looks like a beautiful city to tour with lots of activity. Enjoy your day today❤️
    Safe travels, Peggy and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Absolutely beautiful! And you sound happy, healthy and rested! Get pictures or should I say picture of the village of 20!

    ReplyDelete